[owncloud-devel] Adding custom properties on webdav protocol

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Mon Apr 27 08:38:30 GMT 2015

Hi Benoit,

An example how to do it is the TagsPlugin from OC 8 which brings tags
and favorites:
It will show you how to override beforeGetProperties to do what you're
trying to achieve:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/lib/private/connector/sabre/tagsplugin.php

HOWEVER there is one open issue: currently apps cannot register their
own Sabre plugins into the default remote.php.
So unless you hard-code the register call here
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/apps/files/appinfo/remote.php#L64
the plugin approach will not work unfortunately.
I raised https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/15879 to discuss such
possibilities in the future.

Another approach would be to rely on the existing custom properties
plugin which already allows you to pass custom properties to a PROPPATCH
call and retrieve them later through PROPFIND. Such properties are
always stored in the "oc_properties" table.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Vincent