[owncloud-devel] Android OC app - changes in naming conventions from branches

David A. Velasco dvelasco at owncloud.com
Fri Aug 7 08:32:39 GMT 2015

Hello, ownClouders.

Since long time ago the ownCloud app for Android has used a naming
convention for main branches different than the regular convention in
all ownCloud repositories. The HEAD of the 'master' branch in the
'android' repo kept always the last release of the app, and the branch
with the current state of delivered issues was named 'develop'.

That finished.

 From now on the 'android' repository will use the 'master' branch as
the source and target of new delivered work. This means that any future
pull request should be targeted to 'master', like in most of the
ownCloud repositories. The 'develop' branch will be kept alive until the
pending PRs pointing to it are processed.

Besides, a new 'stable' branch has been created, that will keep in its
HEAD the last release of the app.

In the past, several contributors suffered rejection-due-to-wrong-branch
because of our different branching scheme when tried their first PRs. We
hope this change helps to prevent this happens again in the future.

Thanks for reading.

David A. Velasco