[owncloud-devel] Conf planning - topics, meetings

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:06:23 GMT 2015

Hi all!

I'm sure many of you have lots of plans and things you want to do at the
conference. Much of that will be just a matter of finding a few folks you
work with a lot, sit face to face and hack some stuff together. Like - making
the Mail app better or working on merging pull requests.

But sometimes, you need some specific people from other teams to discuss a
topic. For example, the mobile and desktop teams want to talk to some server
folks about the sharing API.

For that it makes sense to actually make an appointment to make sure the
right people are in the room at the right time.

For that, we have a 'meeting room' which you can 'book':
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Conference-meetings

It's really only meant for those meetings you think will be difficult because
they are across teams or with people impossible to grab (Jan-C?). You can
reserve a space there but it is still YOUR responsibility to invite the right
people and get a promise that they will be there! Best to first agree on a
time and then put it in the agenda.

On the day itself I'll hang up a big paper on the door of the meeting room
with the schedule and what's still open you can schedule on the spot.

Have fun!

Jos