[owncloud-devel] OCC-command "files:cleanup" not operating as expected

Alfred van Hoorn email at alfredvanhoorn.nl
Fri Aug 28 10:55:13 GMT 2015

I use OC several years now and upgraded several times from version 6 to
version 8.1.1 (on this moment). Great piece of software!!

In the database table oc_filecache I find very much entries to files
that no longer exist in the data-directory. So I used the "php occ
files:cleanup" command.
As a result I got: "0 orphaned file cache entries deleted". The database
table oc_filechache seems to be unchanged.

Is this normal behaviour (and do I have the wrong expectations) or is
this a bug? How can I cleanup the filecache or isn't this nessecary?

Thanks for the reply