[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 2.1.0 Released

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Dec 3 15:12:41 GMT 2015

Hi,

today, we released the new version ownCloud Client version 2.1.0 which
is available now via
https://owncloud.org/install/#install-clients
(Please give the build service a couple of more hours to complete the
Linux builds)

This version 2.1.0 brings new features, first and foremost the sharing
with ownCloud users and groups directly from the desktop. This is in
addition to the public link sharing that we already supported with 2.0.x.

Also, there is a new activity view in the clients GUI that shows the
server activity (note that the  activity app on the server must be
active). The sync protocol was changed so that sync issues and ignored
files are now displayed separately from each other, which gives a better
overview on the sync activity.

Other great improvements, for example a more relaxed behaviour with
forbidden characters (mainly the colon) in file names, performance
improvements and many other bug fixes make this a nice release for all
ownCloud users.

As usual let me thank everybody in the community who helped making that
happen by very appreciated contributions. It's a great experience to
work in this community!

Have fun with the new release,

Klaas

for the Desktop Team.