[owncloud-devel] User Provisioning API doesn't support avatar and email information

Cedric Carbone cedric.carbone at nanocloud.com
Sun Dec 6 12:50:33 GMT 2015

Hi Guys,

I’m new here and I have 2 questions for the list:

1.
Owncloud is a great product and I would like to integrate owncloud in my Information System. For that I saw the User Provisioning API [1] but it seems the adduser method didn’t allow me to set an email, a fullname or an avatar (only a username and a password). For the getUser method, it doesn’t return the avatar also.
Do you have a link to help me to understand which API I can use for this purpose?

2.
Do you have a pointer where I can understand how to extend Owncloud? I would like to store additional information on the user (like it’s skype info) and also allow user to set comment in the file they manage through owncloud (I saw https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php?content=166716&forumpage=1 but it’s not compliance with the last version of Owncloud and it doesn’t provide API).

Thanks a lot!

[1] https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_user/user_provisioning_api.html
client

Cheers,