[owncloud-devel] User Provisioning API doesn't support avatar and email information

Tom Needham tom at owncloud.com
Sun Dec 6 12:54:46 GMT 2015

> On 6 Dec 2015, at 12:50, Cedric Carbone <cedric.carbone at nanocloud.com> wrote:
>
> Owncloud is a great product and I would like to integrate owncloud in my Information System. For that I saw the User Provisioning API [1] but it seems the adduser method didn’t allow me to set an email, a fullname or an avatar (only a username and a password). For the getUser method, it doesn’t return the avatar also.
> Do you have a link to help me to understand which API I can use for this purpose?

Cedric,

You can use ‘editUser’ to add the display name and email [1]. Avatars are not supported at the moment via the provisioning_api. Maybe submit a ticket on GitHub [2] with a request for this feature?

Cheers,
Tom

[1] https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_user/user_provisioning_api.html#users-edituser <https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_user/user_provisioning_api.html#users-edituser>
[2] https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/new <https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/new>