[owncloud-devel] User Provisioning API doesn't support avatar

Cedric Carbone cedric.carbone at nanocloud.com
Sun Dec 6 13:09:39 GMT 2015

Hi Tom

Thanks for your quick answer on my first question – much appreciate. I add a feature ticket into github to ask to support avatar in the API https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/20973

Cheers,
-cedric

From:  Tom Needham <tom at owncloud.com>
Date:  Sunday 6 December 2015 at 13:54
To:  "Cedric CARBONE (NanoCloud)" <cedric.carbone at nanocloud.com>
Cc:  <devel at owncloud.org>
Subject:  Re: [owncloud-devel] User Provisioning API doesn't support avatar and email information

On 6 Dec 2015, at 12:50, Cedric Carbone <cedric.carbone at nanocloud.com> wrote:

Owncloud is a great product and I would like to integrate owncloud in my Information System. For that I saw the User Provisioning API [1] but it seems the adduser method didn’t allow me to set an email, a fullname or an avatar (only a username and a password). For the getUser method, it doesn’t return the avatar also.
Do you have a link to help me to understand which API I can use for this purpose?

Cedric,

You can use ‘editUser’ to add the display name and email [1]. Avatars are not supported at the moment via the provisioning_api. Maybe submit a ticket on GitHub [2] with a request for this feature?

Cheers,
Tom

[1] https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_user/user_provisioning_api.html#users-edituser
[2] https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/new