[owncloud-devel] Replacement for OC_L10N::forceLanguage

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 12:52:00 GMT 2015

Yes, I'm aware that it is a private API, but since the public one didn't
included a function to do this, I was forced to use forceLanguage.
Unfortunately, I can't move on. I still need to call a function that does
this.

Actually, it would be nice if the public API include a public method for the
l10n that does this.

In my case, I need it because my app isn't translated in all languages that
ownCloud uses and also in my institution, only English and German are
relevant.

> Not a fix suggestion but an explanation: your app broke because you've

> used private APIs. Nothing unusual here, move on ;)

> On 12/12/2015 12:35 PM, Josef Meile wrote:

> > Dear list

> > My app: AgreeDisclaimer got broken with Owncloud 8.2.1 because the
static

> > function: "OC_L10N::forceLanguage" was removed:

<https://github.com/owncloud/core/commit/6b53f7c40e8bbaecfa20a3b19b3164e3329
0>
https://github.com/owncloud/core/commit/6b53f7c40e8bbaecfa20a3b19b3164e33290

> > 3f59

> > I agree that static functions are ugly, but before there wasn't any
other

> > way of achieving this.

> > I still need to force owncloud's language to a predefined set of
languages

> > on my app. I do this in my app:

> > $container = $this->getContainer();

> > $server = $container->getServer();

> > $this->l10n = $server->getL10N($this->appName, $language);

> > However, it will set only the language for the application, but the rest
of