[owncloud-devel] Replacement for OC_L10N::forceLanguage

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:33:48 GMT 2015

I looked at that issue, but it is not related to what I want to achieve.
"forceLanguage" isn't mentioned there. It is just talking about the language
about the personal settings of each user and a related bug.

I'm talking about the language of the login mask. In my App, I only want to
have English and German. "forceLanguage" was the way to achieve this.

I think that an app, or even an ownCloud setting, should be incorporated to
define the supported languages for your Cloud. Then some function like
"forceLanguage" should be used in case that the user's browser language
isn't defined in the preferred ownCloud languages. I will suggest something
like this in the official issue tracker. I really don't think that in a
company where the official languages are two, you need to include the whole
supported languages. This will work for big companies but not for small
business.

Best regards

Josef