[owncloud-devel] Western Digital proposal

tflidd tflidd at aspekte.net
Mon Dec 14 17:29:22 GMT 2015

Hi,

sudden power outs aren't good on any system, do you know if other ARM
boards handle this situation better? Luckily, I didn't have any problems
with my SD-card so far.

Raspberry Pi2 is widely spread and inexpensive. The performance for
basic use cases is sufficient (calendar, contact, some documents and
pictures). If there is a good working solution on RPi2, this can be
ported to other devices as well (the other way round is more difficult).
Gbit-network, USB 3.0 is nice, you could add a second hard drive for a
RAID-system (isn't that what you want on a cloud?) but then you end up
at 170$ instead of 90$.

tflidd