[owncloud-devel] Western Digital proposal

Michal Hrusecky michal at hrusecky.net
Tue Dec 15 11:42:54 GMT 2015

suechtla - 11:45 15.12.15 wrote:
> Concerning IPv6 this may also be a problem. Up to now, my ISP (and all its
> alternatives) only supports IPv6 for big business customers and IPv6 is not
> on their roadmap for privaties. Stating today, 6to4 (or equal) must
> implemented.
>
> Actually, I am not sure how to deal and decide with IPv6.

Well, I would say that user has to decide. I can imagine people wanting
to have just a local NAS at home and avoid risk of somebody hacking in,
but some might want to have their NAS accessible anywhere. Personally I
see several options - no IPv6, 6to4 and tunnel, later ones probably with
some DynDNS.