[owncloud-devel] Update on the WD project

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 09:01:19 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I just published a blog with some updates on the WD project, please check it out:
https://owncloud.org/blog/update-about-the-western-digital-and-owncloud-pi-project/

We're very happy with the many good ideas you've pushed here and some good conversations going on. The request is - please have a good think on how to collaborate with others, as no single person can come up with the final image alone so we'll have to converge our methods at some point.

Ideally, we all work with scripts which can be put together for creating a single image. Picking a focus area, like performance optimization, security or backup or easy installation is also very helpful: you don't have to tackle everything, just pick something!

And we've set up a repo: https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image so pls give me your github usernames, then I can add you there. Ideally we put all our scripts there so we can work together.

Read the blog, send an update to your proposal and - good luck!

Take care and thanks,
Jos
Everything I do and say is based on my view of the world today. I am not responsible for changes in the world, nor my view on it. Everything I say is meant in a positive and friendly way, unless explicitly stated otherwise.