[owncloud-devel] 2nd Disk / raid

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 09:02:37 GMT 2015

On Monday 14 December 2015 09:39:33 Jochen Korb wrote:
> This kit should have space for a 2nd hard disk for preventing data loss if the primary disk fails;
> or external ports.
>
> The possibility if using mirroring with Linux' on board tools might be sufficient.

Yes, we've looked at this and WD already send us a prototype using a Raspberry Pi Compute module and two hard drives. The Compute Module is rather slow, though, so for now we'll go with the one-drive model and it'd be great to have some backup solution in place.

A future version should/could come with two drives, certainly. Or more, even ;-)