[owncloud-devel] Proposal ownCloud Plug&Play

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:59:21 GMT 2015

On Monday 14 December 2015 08:38:43 Joe Uessem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my name is Joe and I have a beard.

Me too! How considerate of you to share this, that way we know who we're dealing with.

> Also, I am looking for a nice and easy
> way to get my files to my own Cloud, since I have had enough of Dropbox,
> Google Drive and all the others.

Who doesn't ;-)

> I own a raspberry Pi 2 running Kodi and i thought about buying another one
> to run ownCloud. Since I don't have much experience with actual programming
> stuff (or Linux – at all) it would be nice to try out the plug and play box
> you guys are preparing regarding how easy it is to set up and if a quite
> unexperienced user will encounter any problems.
>
> Usually I write about video games and gadget-y stuff on my website
> www.arrcade.de where I would also write about the kit you are preparing in
> case I'm lucky enough to get one.
>
> Thanks for reading!
> I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys.

He, cool. I think it would make more sense to get you one then once we start shipping the larger numbers, rather than the prototype - for the prototype we need help, hacking, coding, packaging... How about you keep an eye on what is going on, report on it perhaps with a blog already or so, and by the time we get to shipping you contact me and I might be able to make sure you get a device to test with :P

Cheers,
Jos

> Joe

Everything I do and say is based on my view of the world today. I am not responsible for changes in the world, nor my view on it. Everything I say is meant in a positive and friendly way, unless explicitly stated otherwise.