[owncloud-devel] Proposal Beta Tester for the Kit

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:38:27 GMT 2015

On Sunday 13 December 2015 15:15:19 Gabe Sommer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently running my own setup of the Synology Cloudstation solution,
> but i installed Owncloud after i found out how powerfull it is with all the
> addons etc. As i'm a daily user of my cloud, connected to a bunch of
> devices (Computers, Phones, Tablets, Mediaboxes) i'm eager to test such a
> kit, as i'm happy with my WD Disks (running a ton of space on WD Red Disks)
> and i'm really impressed by owncloud and i would love to give this solution
> a test ride. I'm an IT guy working with Software Distribution and
> participated in a few Software Beta Tests before, but never bundled with
> some (for me unknown) Hardware. I'm a very technical guy, but i also
> "abuse" my family as members of my cloud, so i can get a feel for the
> product as an IT admin and also getting feedback from simple Users.

Hi Gabe,

Testing is good, but as IT guy - I bet you can do some scripting, too? We're not purely looking for PHP programmers, you know, just people who want to help tinker ;-)

Testing will be needed when we get closer to the end of the period but for that any pi will probably do.

> Best Regards,
> Gabe

Everything I do and say is based on my view of the world today. I am not responsible for changes in the world, nor my view on it. Everything I say is meant in a positive and friendly way, unless explicitly stated otherwise.