[owncloud-devel] WD - Owncloud Participation

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 21:21:01 GMT 2015

On Thursday 17 December 2015 17:20:19 Alex wrote:
> what do you mean with a great image for home users? one tuto for installation and configuration for users?

Better ;-)

So we will ship this device, or at least a kit, to users who can buy it from the website of WD some time first quarter next year. And it will include a SD card, and data on the hard drive - that is the 'image' I mean. A pre-installed ownCloud which should make getting your own server up a breeze. So, stuff like SSL configuration, auto-update, router config, everything we can automate and simplify.

THAT is what we want to build - and we have until beginning of February to create a decent prototype for the first 500 devices we will sell (at cost or even below, we won't make money on this at all - that is not the goal. Spreading ownCloud is!).

Once that is done and if it is successful (only then...), we will create better software, better hardware, a better device - and do this, again, but better.

I'm sorry, we haven't been super clear communicating this ;-)

It was a bit of a rush to try and be ready for Christmas.

> thanks
>

> Saludos  cordiales.
> Alejandro Barásoain
> Sistemas
> Web  www.solutions123.com <http://www.solutions123.com/>
>

> > El 17 dic 2015, a las 17:14, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet at gmail.com> escribió:
> >
> > On Thursday 17 December 2015 17:05:15 Alex wrote:
> >> i am very interested in develop for owncloud and wd, i have in my company two private clouds make by owncloud, one in my linux server in spain and another in my linux server in mexico, my purpose is work in this for increase the performance in, my opinion, the best company in cloud-computing
> >>
> >> my proposal is use the kit for my another servers, concretely one of this with proxmox installation, the kit will be used for extern storage out of server (ISCSI/NFS) or thin client for proxmox vm
> >
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Thanks for your proposal ;-)
> >
> > Could you elaborate how you would help us create a great image for home users we can ship on the final devices in February?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jos
> >

> >> Saludos  cordiales.
> >> Alejandro Barásoain
> >> Sistemas
> >> Web  www.solutions123.com <http://www.solutions123.com/>

Everything I do and say is based on my view of the world today. I am not responsible for changes in the world, nor my view on it. Everything I say is meant in a positive and friendly way, unless explicitly stated otherwise.