[owncloud-devel] Tip for the Pi: use the autoconfig.php feature

Morris Jobke morris at owncloud.com
Fri Dec 18 13:19:24 GMT 2015

Hey,

the autoconfig.php feature was the old way of provisioning the owncloud setup.

Since 8.1 there is an install command build into occ:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#command-line-installation

Please use this instead, because it’s more powerful and also has determined execution results. And you don’t need to load the page to install owncloud, but can fire this and it will be installed.

We also use this extensively in our testing environments to provision owncloud instances. ;)

Cheers
Morris