[owncloud-devel] 8.1.4, 8.0.9, 7.0.11 final archives are available

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Tue Dec 22 09:23:39 GMT 2015

On 22.12.2015 09:29, Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Please note, these are not officially released until tomorrow and only if
>> final testing (including Linux packages and appliances) goes without a
>> hitch
>
> seems Arch had already released 8.2.2 before the final release /
> announcement:
>
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/owncloud/
> https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/owncloud
>
> Probably some one should contact the Arch maintainer to make him aware that
> he shouldn't release oC versions before the official release.

I don't think this is a big problem. An "official release" _is_ the
availability of a tarball, not an email or so. That is why it is very
important to never change a tarball again after it was available on the
internet.

On the other hand it's great that arch users have a build available at
the moment of release statement.

regards,
Klaas