[owncloud-devel] Federated Cloud

Emidio Stani emidiostani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 11:46:55 GMT 2015

Hello all,

I am not a ownCloud developer but I would like to bring my 2 cents.

Just to say that in Joinup we use the terms "federated repositories" to
indicate the extraction of data coming from other Forges (see:
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/catalogue/repository), usually indeed express
the linking between 2 (or more) entities which might be different but they
agree on a way to connect, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_%28information_technology%29 It
could be the case of ownCloud where 2 (or more) ownCloud instances are
connected between each other but still they can belong to 2 different
organizations.
A user on Pydio forum tried to use the word "federated" to connect
instances of Pydio (
https://pyd.io/f/topic/connect-two-pydio-instances#post-71510)  for sure he
used the word "connect" to express such link.

Best,

Emidio

On 2 February 2015 at 10:46, Akhénaton <akhenaton378 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I think that "*NetCloud*" would be the best, meaningfull, (one) word, but
> seems already taken by some ISP's...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Akhénaton

*Emidio Stani*
PwC | Senior Consultant
Direct: +32 2 7104162 | Mobile: +32 499 599823 | Fax: +32 2 7104069
Email: emidio.stani at be.pwc.com
PwC Enterprise Advisory cvba/scrl