[owncloud-devel] Help us with Project Ideas page

Boris Ribalkin ribalkin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:49:51 GMT 2015

Hi,

It would be nice to try to create a ubuntu snappy package of ownCloud.
As I understand snappy app should contain every dependency inside the
package (php, webserver ...). So if it is truly self-contained probably the
very same package can be even run on different distros. Not actually sure
if it is possible to install/extract this type of package on a non-snappy
linux distribution.

Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 October 2014 15:36:26 Alessandro Cosentino wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Google has announced the student program Summer of Code 2015 ( see the
> > official announcement:
> >
> http://google-opensource.blogspot.ca/2014/10/google-summer-of-code-2015-and
> > -google.html )
> >
> > Most probably there will also be another Summer round of OPW (Now it's
> > called FOSS Outreach -- https://gnome.org/opw/).
> >
> > ownCloud will participate in both these programs (check this page for
> > more details on ownCloud past participations on these programs:
> > https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki#internships-and-students-programs)
> >
> > I will follow up with more details later on, but in the meantime, we
> > need your help:
> >
> > Our Project Ideas page needs love! --
> > https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Project-ideas
>
> A ping on this - we really need some more good ideas on that page! And
> anybody interested in participating in ownCloud through GSOC - start
> thinking
> about what you'd like to do...
>
> > If you have in mind a cool project for ownCloud, please add it there.
> > If you are in doubt whether the project has the right size/difficulty
> > level, or whether it would benefit ownCloud at all, discuss it on our
> > mailing lists first.
> >
> > If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask myself, Jan, Jos, or
> > Thomas (in cc).
> >
> > We aim at having at least 10 projects in that page before the programs
> > start (in March). Help us to reach that goal, we can do it!
> >
> > In the next months I will be extremely busy finishing up my PhD
> > thesis, but I will try to help as much as I can.
> >

> > Alessandro

Boris Rybalkin
ribalkin at gmail.com