[owncloud-devel] Federated Cloud

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Tue Feb 3 12:35:43 GMT 2015

Thanks a lot for all the inout guys,

a few comments from me.

- Obviously the term "Federated Cloud" is not the only explanation in the user interface or in the documentation. We have to, and do explain this in more detail of course. It´s just the name.

- We discussed this again at FOSDEM last weekend and got a lot of input. We have to pick a name and Federated is the term that is usually used when describing an architecture like that.

- I agree that it is not the most catchy name but as I mentioned above, it´s just the name. A normal user will get more explanation what this is and how to use it.

- We are running out of time. In fact we are only hours away from the 8.0 release. So we have to stick with that.

I hope this is all understandable.

Thanks guys :-)

Frank