[owncloud-devel] Sync two owncloud servers using windows client

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:11:26 GMT 2015

On Sunday 25 January 2015 12:27:24 Rumesh Eranga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This question was originally posted by Justinas Dūdėnas in StackOverflow.
> Original question is as follows.
> "I'm using Owncloud on personal server for personal data, and need to
> connect to business-related server for business data. Server-to-server
> sharing is unappealing because of wasting costly hosted storage (and some
> other arguments). Is there a way to make windows client sync both servers
> simultaneously?"

I might miss something, but how does server-to-server sharing waste hosted
storage? It essentially uses the other server as external storage, correct?

Perhaps in versioning?

> Does ownCloud provide such facility at the moment? If not I think it is
> good to have may be in the future.
>
> Original question : http://stackoverflow.com/q/27921433/1844843

The github issue about this that Chris posted (
https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/43 ) also has some tips for working
around this, having multiple clients running.