[owncloud-devel] Starting app in OC-8.0.0RC2 always redirects to the files app

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Sun Feb 8 16:16:02 GMT 2015

Hi all,
I am trying to get the Shorty app working in an OC-8.0.0RC2 test installation.
I worked around a number of backwards compatibility issues according to the
documentation at
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/developer_manual/app/changelog.html
Now the app can be installed successfully, though I have to state "9" as the
max OC version, why ever.

But although the app appears to install and shows up in the apps menu I cannot
start it. Selecting it always redirects to the "Files" app. Shipped apps can
be started, in contrast.
The funny thing is: I do not get *any* error whatsoever. Nothing in the http
server error log, nothing in the owncloud log, nothing in the browser console,
even nothing in the system log file.

Looks like once again I need to dig through all the core code to find out what
is broken? This is somewhat annoying, since as an app developer I do not want
to debug the core code.

Or does anyone have a hint for me where I could start looking? Thanks!

The issue is tracked here:
https://github.com/owncloud/shorty/issues/112

Christian Reiner (arkascha)