[owncloud-devel] Starting app in OC-8.0.0RC2 always redirects to the files app

Lukas Reschke lukas at statuscode.ch
Sun Feb 8 16:27:11 GMT 2015

Best guess is that your app is based on the legacy way to write apps (without testable controllers) and does thus not use the AppFramework. With ownCloud 8 it is required to provide a list of all routes and routing guessing is not anymore done. If developers use the AppFramework the apps require no modifications at all.

See this mail in August to the devel https://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/devel/2014-August/000565.html

Guess that should be on the changelog page as well, let me change that. Anyways, it would *really* make sense to switch to testable AppFramework controllers ;-)

- Lukas