[owncloud-devel] Matrix

Oddvar Lovaas oddvar at matrix.org
Wed Feb 18 11:23:57 GMT 2015

Hi guys,

Have you guys considered adding a means for users to message/chat to
each other into owncloud? I work on matrix.org which is an open standard
for decentralised, open communication over HTTP - and this could easily
be bundled with owncloud to provide messaging/chat.

I appreciate there's a bunch of features you might want to add before
inter-user communication - perhaps an option would be to add this as a
GSoC project? I'm happy to add it to the ideas list if that's cool, just
wanted to check on the list to see if a feature like this has been
mentioned/discussed before?

best regards,
Oddvar
@oddvar:matrix.org