[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Android Client 1.7.0

David A. Velasco dvelasco at owncloud.com
Thu Feb 19 11:48:40 GMT 2015

Hi,

we are happy to announce that version 1.7.0 of the ownCloud client for
Android is already available in the Play Store. If you cannot see it
yet, just hold your breath until Google enables it in your region. The
APK is on it's way to get Amazon users too. The source code can be found
under the tag 'oc-android-1.7.0' in Github:
https://github.com/owncloud/android/releases/tag/oc-android-1.7.0 .

It's a big pleasure to me say that you will find the long-time desired
**download of folders** in the list of features added with this version.
Really. Not joking. It. Is. Here.

Besides, we'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to all the volunteer
contributors that have joined to the project in the last months and are
made possible that tons of new features were added to the app. Regarding
to this release, special kudos for @tobiasKaminsky for the big effort
put in the new **grid view** for folders with images.

See the attached change-log file for some more details about the
improvements got with this release.

Best regards,
David A. Velasco (for the Mobile Team).