[owncloud-devel] Schedules for deprecation

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Sat Feb 21 16:59:39 GMT 2015

Hello Frank,

any news regarding the wiki page?

Had some (few) forum users talking about it and it would be useful for
the next "energy-sucking" discussion at heise forums.
btw. they discuss ownClouds development/business model in harsh words.
Same as flamewars about the best religion ...

Cheers.
Mark

Am 09.02.15 um 16:57 schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
>> On 09.02.2015, at 10:30, Arthur Schiwon <blizzz at owncloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Monday 09 February 2015 16:25:21 Volkan Gezer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Do we have a schedule for the versions which are going to be
>>> deprecated? For example 5.0 is already deprecated, but now until when
>>> 6.0 or 7.0 will be supported? A general schedule would be so nice to
>>> have on wiki pages.
>> IIRC 5.0 is still alive until later this year.  Having this in a wiki would
>> really be helpful.
> Yes.
>
> We need a wiki page that documents that. Let me work on that.
> As a rule of thumb: At the moment we deprecate major version 18 month after the release.
>
> I hope this helps :-)
>

> Frank
>

>> Cheers
>> Arthur
>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Volkan GEZER
>>> volkangezer at gmail.com
>> --
>> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>> A: Top-posting.
>> Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
>>
>> XMPP: blizzz at jabber.arthur-schiwon.de
>>
>> www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>>
>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
>> Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)_______________________________________________

	Ich hab nichts gegen GOTT,
	aber seine Fanclubs gehen mir auf den Sack!