[owncloud-devel] Schedules for deprecation

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Sat Feb 21 21:07:13 GMT 2015

Am 21.02.15 um 20:59 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
> On 21.02.2015 18:51, Mark Ziegler wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> are you taking part of the ownCloud insiders program?
>> There was a challenge to keep an eye on Heise for release of ownCloud 8.
>> So I spend some hours to support ownCloud objectively. Hard stuff ...
>
> Yes, indeed. And I want to thank you very much for taking that job.
>
> Unfortunately I could not keep away from the heise bashing area and I
> have to admit that I really became frustrated because of a couple of
> completely clue-less and ignorant guys there. So reading your replies
> to some of these claims there was really helping.
>
> Apart from "keep away from the heise forum", is there anything we can
> or should learn from these kind of reactions? Or is it just to ignore?
Had the same thought after that challenging day.
May résumé would be:
- You cannot satisfy all people (50 cent for phrasemongering I know)
- Our update process needs to be documented and proven before releasing
major updates. (e.g. checking for php zip to interact with app store).
- People we call "trolls" do not reply after you like to talk about
facts and not assumptions.
- We should not ignore heise because IMHO ownCloud should care about its
image in germany IT scene.
- Make people aware of release cycles and project targets of ownCloud
(so much different than mentioned BSD projects).

Good night.

Mark