[owncloud-devel] Schedules for deprecation

Christian Weiske cweiske at cweiske.de
Thu Feb 26 08:52:45 GMT 2015

Hello Morris,

> I've written down the way we want to handle releases in the future:
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Maintenance-and-Release-Schedule

I find it strange to break semantic versioning just because "numbers
get too high". I wouldn't buy that argument; it will be quite some time
until you reach INT_MAX.

Browser vendors increase their major version regularly since some time
now, and it's been going fine.

You break with expectations (major versions and BC breaks are
introduced when the x in x.y.z changes) and the standard many software
projects use. Don't do this, please.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-