[owncloud-devel] Schedules for deprecation

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Thu Feb 26 09:07:17 GMT 2015

Am 26.02.15 um 09:46 schrieb Morris Jobke:
> Hi Mark,
>
>>> any news regarding the wiki page?
>>
>> I think Morris wanted to work on that.
>> I hope we have something soon. :-)
>
> I've written down the way we want to handle releases in the future:
>
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Maintenance-and-Release-Schedule
>
> Does this sound reasonable? If there is something unclear: feel free
> to ask. I also added a link to this page on the wiki landing page.
>
> Cheers
> Morris

Hello Morris,

the versioning looks like old openSUSE model e.g. 8.0 - 8.3 > 9.0 - 9.3
 > and so on :-)

Personally I cannot follow the "significant version number increase"
argument.
Chrome has version 40 and firefox v36 since yesterday. People do not
care about the version no. anymore. They are used to it.
Why do you follow the quarter release numbering?
Could you explain the thoughts a bit better?

For me the more important thing is the minor and major update policy.
Technically there is no difference for update scripts, or? They have to
be robust for minor and major releases.
(I read to many forum entries :-)

Your explanation of EOL and maintenance looks good to me. Well done.

Cheers,
Mark

--
	"Du siehst müde aus." "Das Böse schläft nie."