[owncloud-devel] (no subject)

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Fri Feb 27 11:14:09 GMT 2015

Hi Holger,

On Friday 27 February 2015 10:10:13 Holger Engels wrote:
> hi,
>
> i suppose, i#ve detected a bug .. this is, why i'm posting here ..
>
> i've connected owncloud to our ads .. the automatic user-management is
> really a great feature!
>
> so far, users and groups are detected correctly, the association between
> users and groups is correct, too. though as our user's cns are unique and
> meaningful, it would be desireable to use them as usernames in owncloud.
> unfortunately i can't get this working ..
>
> login filter is (&(objectClass=person)(cn=%uid))
> internal username is uid
> uuid-attribute for user is cn
> case insensitivity is activated
> database is mysql
>
> though alle the usernames look like _1203, _2972, ... as they had no uids
> and all names were colliding .. example ..
>
> a user with the unique(!) cn=achieng.den1234 gets the correct displayName,
> is member of correct group, but is assigned the username _5402 ..
>
> i tried to clear the mappings several times, even removed all accounts by
> applying an erroneous user filter and waiting for the trigger .. i can't
> figure out, what i am doing wrong :-/

Indeed, that's how it is supposed to work. Can you please open a bug report
here: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/

while using the issue template
(https://raw.github.com/owncloud/core/master/issue_template.md ) and please
also provide the LDAP configuration. You can get it by running ./occ
ldap:show-config as web user on the command line.

Cheers
Arthur