[owncloud-devel] ownCloud 8 alpha 1

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.com
Fri Jan 2 15:50:30 GMT 2015

> On 02.01.2015, at 09:49, Nicola Canepa <canepa.n at mmfg.it> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
> Here is a list of problems I found in the alpha1 release:

Very cool! Thanks a lot for testing :-)

> * I eanbled the webdav_user_backend, and a few problems arise:
>  - when changing options in the “Users” app, I was unable to make the settings persistent (as an admin), except for quota (which is saved)

Can you open a bugreport about this please?
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues

>  - when trying to create a new user, I get a dialog saying:
>> Error creating user
>>
>> Unable to create user.

Can you open a bugreport about this too?

> * the updater app is available even if I put
>>  'updatechecker' => false,
>>  'has_internet_connection' => false,
>  in the config file (but I can disable it from the apps).

This is normal. The update checker is only for the notification. The updater itself is independent. If you don´t want it then you can disable it in the apps page.

>  When I try to open it, I get:

>> Fatal error: Call to a member function getValue() on a non-object in /rnd/apps/servers/httpd-2.4/htdocs/owncloud8a1/lib/private/updater.php on line 84

Can you report this in the updater issue tracker?
https://github.com/owncloud/updater/issues

> I hope this can be usefulto have a fully functional release in February.

Absolutely :-)

Thanks

Frank