[owncloud-devel] Is it possible to offload mysql-server some unnecessary queries by caching?

Robin McCorkell rmccorkell at karoshi.org.uk
Mon Jan 12 21:57:38 GMT 2015

Hi Arman,

Yes, it is certainly possible to do this, by means of memcache (see
`\OC::$server->getMemCacheFactory()`). Some parts of oC use the
memcache, in fact, me and Lukas were recently hooking it up to new
things like finding binary paths
(https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/13192) or normalizing paths
(https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/13235). I'm profiling using
XDebug to find slow code paths, but I'll have a look at database queries
and see what I can do.

Robin McCorkell
The Linux Schools Project