[owncloud-devel] Newbie - API access possible?

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Mon Jan 19 09:22:50 GMT 2015

Hi,

The ownership of directories cannot be changed in general in OC, so it
won't be possible either over any API.

For creating users: use the provisioning API from OC 8.
To create directores: use WebDAV  (MKCOL)
To share directories: use the OCS sharing API:
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/7.0/developer_manual/core/ocs-share-api.html

What programming language are you using in that external system ?

Cheers,

Vincent