[owncloud-devel] Help us with Project Ideas page

Christoffer Holmstedt christoffer.holmstedt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:54:17 GMT 2015

I installed my first instance of ownCloud a few days ago and set up
file sharing between my computer and my wife's. Both of us are really
happy with how easy ownCloud is to use, great job everyone!

I'm currently thinking about creating my own desktop application with
C++ / Qt 5.4+ / QtQuick 2 and was looking around for how I can use
ownCloud for storing data and maybe use ownCloud as user account
"backend". (As a user I would want to log in to the desktop
application by supplying my ownCloud instance user credentials).

The ownCloud client [1] doesn't seem to have any "library" part that
can be easily used outside of the client so the only option today is
to share single sqllite database over normal file sharing but this
will probably end up with collisions. So if I haven't missed anything
obvious for the C++ world, I'm with Vincent on this one. Some kind of
"ownCloud client API"/"libowncloud" would be really nice.

Question to Vincent, I see that you did a presentation [2] back in
september, has anything on this topic changed since then?

[1] https://github.com/owncloud/client
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvfO2-kyRjQ

--
Christoffer Holmstedt