[owncloud-devel] Change in backport workflow

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Fri Jan 30 15:25:56 GMT 2015

Hi,

I'd like to announce that from now on cherry-picking of fixes to the stable branches are no longer permitted.

Please open pull requests against stable branches and follow the review workflow as it already applies to all pull requests.

Please also add a tag to the subject of the pull request so that we all can easily identify backport pull requests.
Example: [backport #13740] backport #13740 to stable7 - see https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/13742

Just in case you are wondering about the reasoning behind this:
We did introduce regressions due to cherry-picks and with a very high probability we could have spotted them
with there review process or during the continuous integration executions.

Thanks a lot and take care,

Thomas aka DeepDiver

Thomas Müller                 E-Mail: thomas.mueller at tmit.eu