[owncloud-devel] 200 PRs open - Let's have pull request review/cleanup/revive rage!

Morris Jobke morris at owncloud.com
Fri Jul 3 10:52:42 GMT 2015

Hey Developers!

We have 200 open pull requests in core alone! As we have finished fixing
all the hard bugs for the 8.1.0 and the maintenance releases it is a
very good time to go through all the open PRs. I think many of them will
fix stuff that we maybe also would work on in the near future.

Therefore I want to motivate all of you to go through this list. As a
first step I would kindly ask everyone out there to have a look at all
**your very own pull requests**:

https://github.com/pulls <- if you don't remind them anymore

Check following: (7 easy steps)

1. is the issue they want to solve still valid?
  -> if not: close and remove the branch
2. is the approach still the way we want to go?
  -> if not: close and remove the branch
3. is the fix ready for review?
  -> if not: try to work on it or ask for help
4. is a rebase needed?
  -> if so: rebase
5. rerun CI via "@owncloud-bot please retest this"
6. Find/mention people that review your PR
7. Go to your next PR and start with 1.

Check other PRs for review: (Only 4 very easy steps!!!)

1. Go to PRs that are to review:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/pulls?page=3&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A%223+-+To+Review%22&utf8=%E2%9C%93

2. Choose a random PR.

3. Review!