[owncloud-devel] ownNote server app: Request for "Approved" status

Ben Curtis owncloud at nosolutions.com
Wed Jul 8 19:16:04 GMT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm the developer of ownNote, a WYSIWYG notes editor for ownCloud, and
Shorten, a URL shortener that integrates a self-hosted shortener or
https://goo.gl directly into the Files app. I'd like to formally request
the "Approved" status for my applications in the app store (especially
ownNote, given it's popularity). I believe I meet all of the
requirements as listed below, but if not, please indicate where, and I
will happily adjust as required. Thanks in advance.

-=- ownNote Request -=-

[Code is developed in an open and version-managed code repository]
Source is managed and can be found at: https://github.com/Fmstrat/ownnote

[Minimum of one active developer/maintainer]
I actively maintain the project, and have pull requests from a few
different users occasionally.

[Minimum 5 ratings, average score 60/100 or better]
Around 9500 downloads and a score of 80%:
https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/ownNote+-+Notes+Application?content=168512

[App is at least 3 months old]
About 5 months old at this time.

[Follows app guidelines]
I've developed using the template, leveraged translations via Transifex,
and had a core developer provide a ticket for some security and
standards updates early on that were met accordingly.

[The developer is trusted]
I have contributed to many open source projects including Mozilla's
Firefox Sync Server, Plex (including the proof of concept security audit
that ended in their implementation of SSL), SPCS for Calibre, and the
http-request library where I implemented TLSv1.2 (used by thousands of
Android apps), along with many more. I am also the author of many other
open source projects including Open Device Manager for Android. Lastly,
I've contributed to a few other ownCloud plugins, including the
ever-popular RoundCube plugin.

[App is subject to unannounced security audits]
Happy to see this.

-=- Shorten Request -=-

NOTE: See below as the 60/100 requirement has not yet been met as this
application is not as widely used yet. Currently it sits at 58/100.

[Code is developed in an open and version-managed code repository]
Source is managed and can be found at: https://github.com/Fmstrat/shorten

[Minimum of one active developer/maintainer]
I actively maintain the project.

[Minimum 5 ratings, average score 60/100 or better]
Around 680 downloads and a score of 58%:
https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Shorten?content=168591
I recognize this has not hit 60% yet, and understand if it cannot be
approved at this time due to lower use.

[App is at least 3 months old]
About 5 months old at this time.

[Follows app guidelines]
Follows other template apps that integrate with the Files app.

[The developer is trusted]
See above.

[App is subject to unannounced security audits]
See above.

I hope to hear soon, thank you!

Thanks,
Ben