[owncloud-devel] Changes for developers...

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Sun Jul 12 15:41:47 GMT 2015

Hi Carlos,

> On Jul 12, 2015, at 11:14, Carlos Montero-Luque <cml at owncloud.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Jos
>
> This is great. A couple of things from me:
>
> * Is 3 years after deprecation too long a time? I would have thought that, once deprecation is announced, a year is more than enough for anyone to plan changes. Maybe 18 months to match our support for major releases?

This is the result of very long and intense discussions. :-)
If ownCloud wants to be a stable platform than we have to support the APIs for some time to not break 3rd party apps all the time. Other platforms suport their APIs for way longer. The 3 years is a compromise between stability and the need to evolve the API and ownCloud.

> * The section “More Powerfull Request Class” should be “More Powerful…”
> * In the section “New ClientService for HTTP requests”, the sentence “With the new ClientService you can send request…” should say “...requests…”
> * Same section, “For complete PHPDoc documentation checkout…” should say “…check out…”
> * Last sentence of the blog, “…improvements to architecture…” should say “…to the architecture…”

Thanks for the corrections :-)

Cheers
Frank