[owncloud-devel] Problems with Chunked upload

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Mon Jun 15 12:05:02 GMT 2015

On 15.06.2015 09:56, Hans-Helge Bürger wrote:

Hi,

> I just took a look at the owncloud client and first impression: There
> are a lot of things done which are never mentioned before. However my
> client still does not work. But I have some questions you hopefully can
> answer :)
>
> 1. etag
>
> The specs
> (https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/spec:-big-file-chunking) mentions
> etags at the end. With each response of a chunk I get a new etag.
> The client checks for that
> (https://github.com/owncloud/client/blob/master/src%2Flibsync%2Fpropagateupload.cpp#L439)
> but this did not work for me so far. So my question. Is it a bad thing
> that I get etags returned and do I need If-Match in my header?

That does not sound correct.

The ETag comes with the reply of the last chunk. The client uses it as
an indicator that the upload is finished.

Do you set the header 'OC-Chunked' in all the chunk put requests?

> 2. X-OC-MTIME
>
> I saw some clients using X-OC-MTIME as header. What does this header mean?
> https://github.com/owncloud/client/blob/master/src%2Flibsync%2Fpropagateupload.cpp#L426

If the oc-mtime header is set, the server reads the modification time
from it and sets it on the target file. This header should be defined.

> 3. Checksum
>
> The owncloud client also adds a checksum to the last request. Is this
> necessary? If yes how do I calculate that?
No, skip the checksum for now. This might become important in the future.

Good luck,

Klaas