[owncloud-devel] conference travel support

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:05:18 GMT 2015

Hi all,

We've said it a few times - it is really time to register and book travel
and hotel for the ownCloud Contributor Conference coming in August!

https://owncloud.org/conf

For some of our contributors, cost can be a limitation for joining the conf.
We have some budget set apart for travel support and you can send me a
(private) mail to request travel support.

*Who and what?*
* this is meant to support contributors so they can join the conference. If
you've got patches merged (any!) you are eligible.
* we give priority to more regular contributors and will also first support
students and others who can be expected to need it more.
* we, at most, cover 80% of the costs of the cheapest accommodation option &
main travel (train/airplane and hostel, not local transport, food etc) but
we usually make personal arrangements and can make exceptions.
* we will ask you to help out with the organization of the event a bit,
think about taking care of the registration desk and such. It won't be a lot
and you will get an ownCloud t-shirt for it!
* You have to register for the conf and having send in a talk proposal is a
plus. Note that the deadline for our CfP is Sunday!

*How?*
* Please send a request to jos at owncloud.com. Include your estimated travel
and hotel costs and a link to your github account.

Note that this isn't limited to code contributions - designers and other
contributors are equally welcome and can send me their details, too.

Please don't be shy asking - our goal is to get everybody who wants to hack
on ownCloud to join our conference and money shouldn't get in the way of
that. Plenty of people live far or are students who can't just afford a
flight ticket and that is what support is for.

I can't promise we can help everybody but please ask if money is what keeps
you from joining the conf!

Cheers,
Jos

Santa's little helper is here for you!  	ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ