[owncloud-devel] File Metadata/tags

Devin Ceartas devin at nacredata.com
Mon Jun 29 19:57:18 GMT 2015

I am beginning some client-sponsored development work to create a
flexible system for associating user-defined metadata with files in
owncloud.

My starting point is the favorites plugin
(https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/64138b0af50dacab4ec8da20406c0131d8dee423/apps/files/js/favoritesplugin.js)

My intention is to first understand how this plugin is implemented and
be able to mimic it's behavior with alternative meta-data tags. From
there I will work to develop a way to add new meta-data attributes/tags
through a user-interface.

I would be most thankful for any information relating to past, current
or planned similar features or any other guidance. Thanks.

devin
--
contact info: http://nacredata.com/devin

Ask me about Google Apps for Work: hosting your domain-branded email,
calendar and cloud storage on Google's infrastructure.