[owncloud-devel] ownCloud 8.1 branching

Joas Schilling nickvergessen at owncloud.com
Tue Jun 30 15:38:56 GMT 2015

Am 30.06.2015 um 15:35 schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
>> On Jun 30, 2015, at 09:19, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Monday 29 June 2015 23:11:18 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> we are getting really close to 8.1 now. So we will create the stable8.1
>>> branches on Tuesday around 18:00 CET and an RC1 a bit later at the same
>>> day. I hope this works for everyone.
>> RC1?
>> https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-8-1-coming-soon-first-release-candidate-ready-for-testing/
>>
>> ;-)
>
> Yes sorry.
> Please read this as the next pre release before the final ;-)
Please use RC2 then? Or what is the problem with that.
There is already RC1 stuff out there... It would really help to only
have the name once.
We also have bug reports targeting RC1, so in order to help keeping
things clear, it would be awesome if we could not use RC1:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/17242

cheers Joas