[owncloud-devel] problems installing owncloud server 8.0 on Gentoo

Avinash Sridharan avinash.sridharan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:21:20 GMT 2015

I was following the instructions for installing owncloud server 8.0 on
Gentoo. http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Owncloud

Had to jump through a few hoops but got apache working with mod_php and got
the owncloud server up and running. However, I had edit the
owncloud/index.php . When I installed it from the gentoo repository, it
installed it under /var/www/localhost/htdocs/owncloud . The index.php file
had missing PHP tags because of which apache wasn't executing the php
scirpts correctly?

Is this a bug or just a bad installation?