[owncloud-devel] Release management : Log format stability & Changelog informations

Lukas Reschke lukas at statuscode.ch
Tue Mar 10 13:25:06 GMT 2015

Christophe,

That is actually a very good and valid input. For future minor releases we plan not to break backwards compatibility when it comes to parsing security related stuff.

For new major releases we are starting to track all backwards incompatible changes at a central place (i.e. https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8.1-Features <https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-8.1-Features> for ownCloud 8.1.0) and will ensure that they get mentioned at some appropriate place.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this caused! We will do better in the future :-)

Thanks
Lukas