[owncloud-devel] Fool proof upgrades?

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:00:29 GMT 2015

Hi,

I understand the update app offers major new releases; but our documentation
states: "The Updater app is not for upgrades; please see Upgrading Your
ownCloud Server for instructions on upgrading to a major release."

Either we don't offer major versions over the updater app; or our
documentation is wrong. The third option (you shouldn't use the updater app
for major updates but we DO offer that through the app) sounds like a pretty
big bug to me...

Triggered by https://plus.google.com/112508383566288356130/posts/EE2HAxAN1pG

But I've seen similar questions and requests around. I thought oC 8.0.2 was
supposed to deal with the apps breaking on upgrade - it does disable them,
but things still break if old ones remain around, right?

Cheers,
Jos