[owncloud-devel] Proper way to access a shared folder from an app.

Ben Logan benlogan at wilkestmc.net
Mon Mar 23 15:30:09 GMT 2015

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank all the developers and contributors
who have made ownCloud the awesome product it is today.  I have been
using ownCloud for a few years now and remain impressed with its
features and polish.

I'm new to the list and hope that this is the appropriate place for my
question.  I have been through the ownCloud app development tutorial,
read through the general development guidelines and docs and have been
looking through the API docs (http://api.owncloud.org/index.html) as
well as the source code.  However, I am a little lost about how to
accomplish something that I'm sure is simple to do.  I am writing a
very simple app and my stumbling point right now is reading the
contents of a shared folder.  I just want to get a list of folders
under a shared folder.

Looking through the source for the existing "files" app, it looks like
it makes use of \OC\Files\View, but I'm struggling with how to
properly make use of that, especially with a shared folder.  Can
someone point me in the right direction for this?  In the end, all my
app is going to do is get a list of folders under the shared folder
and then get a list of files under each of those sub-folders.  It'll
be very simplistic, I'm just a complete newbie when it comes to
ownCloud development.

Thanks for any help!
Ben

--
Ben Logan
Network Engineer

This email transmission contains information which may be confidential
and/or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this email information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender to arrange for retrieval of the original documents. Thank
you.