[owncloud-devel] apps visibility

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:43:05 GMT 2015

On Saturday 28 March 2015 08:39:47 Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > but I still have no clue why my apps are not offered for installation
> > from
> > the app store...
>
> at least the "Imprint" App of you is offered here in my installation for
> installation.
>
> But thats the only "non-owncloud" app offered, seems no other 3rdparty app
> is listened here.

This is because our 'process' for getting stuff in the app store is as broken
as it gets. It requires 'somebody' to review and apps and do some actions to
get them in - but that 'somebody' is really 'nobody' at the moment. We
discussed this at the hackathon last week in Nue and we have a plan to fix
this for 8.1.

In sort, we'll get a process including documented 'requirements' and some
people who commit to checking and publishing apps. It needs some changes in
the app store but I think we can get at least the most important improvements
in in time.

Sorry, it is frustrating to see our new, good looking App store so empty :(

I just finished the Development report over February (yeah, I'm behind) and I
must say - so many good apps, it really is a shame, and I'm glad we have
found a solution for 8.1.

PS voting on apps.owncloud.org IS USEFUL, in case you were wondering.
Downvoted apps get hidden at some point and apps will be sorted (and
reviewed) according to rating. So, I know it is not much, but if you want to
help - that is one simple thing you can do!

Hugs,
Jos