[owncloud-devel] You're all awesome...

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:03:58 GMT 2015

... even if you're not all 'the best programmer in the world'.

Whoever that is probably doesn't work on ownCloud, and besides, what does
*the best* mean anyway? Best at writing unicode-safe C? Best at writing
assembly for the Motorola 6800? Best at programmer contests? Solving Rubix
cubes?

Tech has a tendency to only believe there are awesome and awful things. It
must be our binary genes... Take programming languages: if you hear what some
people say about PHP you wonder how it is possible that 80% of the internet
runs on it. It is also true for people - a programmer is either absolutely
awesome or incredibly horrible, yet in reality, most are OK (or a little
better or worse).

And that's all fine.

If you wonder: "what do I care?" then consider how important it is to
acknowledge each other for where and how we are - rather than pushing insane
labels on people.

Read this awesome article:
http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/641779/e72d666bf7609772/

And think a bit about it ;-)

But not too much, we've got a release to finish!

hugs,